CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Brandon Jones in Trouble?


Tennessee Titans receiver Brandon Jones faces a misdemeanor charge for unlawful possession of a handgun after trying to carry the weapon through a security checkpoint in his bag.

Mary Margaret Miller, a spokeswoman for Nashville International Airport, said Jones was issued a citation for carrying a loaded .32 caliber gun in his baggage Friday morning. She said Jones was cited after the gun was found at a regular security checkpoint.

Jones was later released and caught his plane to go to Phoenix. He apologized to the Fans, Titans and his family for any embarrassment that the incident caused them.

This is what Jones had to say, "Obviously I did not know I was carrying my gun. This morning I grabbed a bag and placed my clothing in the bag, then rushed to the airport. I had forgotten that the last time I had used the bag was when I went target shooting." How can you forget your gun in your bag? Especially when you are going to the airport.

Jones said he fully cooperated and that authorities took away the handgun at the security gate. He said he has a license for the gun along with a permit allowing him to carry the weapon.

He also added, "Realizing that I was not intentionally carrying the handgun nor did I have any intention of harming anyone, I was allowed to board my airplane and continue my travels."

The Titans are aware of the incident but have no comment.

This guy needs to be careful for now on or people will start having second thoughts about him.

0 comments: